The design challenge of the Flashlight Project was to create a flashlight case and put components together in order for the flashlight to work. Some of the things that I learned about in lecture or demonstration were that if you put the components wrong then the flashlight won’t work anymore and you might burn your L.E.D. I also learned that it’s not that hard to do it if you follow directions and do it right. My personal assessment of my effort on the project is to experience how to build things and put it together. Also to build a working flashlight and put it inside the case. The evidence and specific steps I took to meet these goals were that I’ve made a flashlight case in solidworks that met all specifications. I’ve also soldered components for example the battery case, resistor, the button, and the L.E.D together to make the flashlight work and turn on. From doing this project I learned and got better at on how to put build things on solidworks. Also how to put components together to make something work. Things I struggled with were putting the actual flashlight inside the flashlight case because I kept super gluing the button shut and I had to solder another button. My flashlight was working but I didn’t put it in the case because I ran out of time and I kept gluing the button shut.
The design challenge of the Traffic Signal Design Project was to add LEDs to the breadboard to make a Traffic light. We also had to add a walk light so it was more complicated. Some of the things that I learned about lecture or demonstration were that you have to be precise when you code because if you make one mistake there’s gonna be a bunch of errors. I’ve also learned that you have to put the components and stuff because if you don’t then something can burn up and ruin everything because I burnt my finger when two resistors were touching and the breadboard got hot so when I touched it it burnt me. My personal assessment of my effort in the project is that to get the right coding for the lights can turn on in the right time. The evidence and steps I took to meet these goals were that I made the traffic light to work on the right time because I coded it right, so that made the lights turn on in the right time. From doing this project I learned and got better at being more precise and doubling checking on what I do. I’ve also got better in coding and putting the components in the right spot. Things I struggled with were coding the traffic light because I couldn’t get it to work because it had a lot of errors. My traffic light simulator was kind of hard to do but I still did it and now it works perfectly.